Thursday, August 16, 2007

Finally, its happened, I became invisible!

When I was younger especially in college, I tried very hard to be a wallflower and not be noticed, but it rarely worked.

The only time I can remember was when I was about 27. I had gotten a haircut I like to referred to as the "twinkie do", and went to the Minneapolis Strictly Business Computer Show. I had some money to spend, about 20K and no one even noticed I was in their booths. So i started playing with their computers. No one noticed! They did eventually notice their screen savers had somehow changed to say "I'd rather be a Mac."
In fact, I was still in one booth when it was discovered but still no one noticed me, I was amazed! A few days later, I flew off to Germany to attended the Hanover Cebit where I had no problem being notice wearing the same outfit, "twinkie do" and all. I actually got all the information I needed, plus seriously wined and dined! I got rid of the "twinkie do" when I got back home but my hair stylist and I still reminisce about it sometimes.

I had heard that when women become a certain age they become invisible, and today I realized it was true, I have become invisible.
Usually there are people and rabbits around my apartment building, and the neighborhood also has a lot of rabbits. When I come home at night there is a usually a rabbit looking at my headlights and chumping on something. Sometimes the rabbit says and sometimes it takes off when I close the car door. I never really thought of why that was until today.

As I was walking to the post office, a rabbit come out in front of me to eat some grass, I kept walking and the rabbit kept eating, I was within 6 inches of the rabbit and it didn't even notice me. Thinking about it I realized the rabbits take off when I am with other people (most of whom are younger than I) and they stay when I am alone.

Suddenly it dawned on me, I have become invisible to RABBITS! How this can be possible is beyond me, but I guess its a good thing as I am allergic to them...
I am wondering if rabbits are color blind because if you had this combination of colors next to you, wouldn't you notice?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL!

You're funny.

C

Laurie said...

Invisible is good.

Adela said...

Maybe the rabbits recognize your positive energy!