Monday, August 13, 2007

She smiled!


I was going to post about the lovely bit of weather we have had recently, but when we stop by the zoo and conservatory during our view of the damage, we went into the tropical encounters part. We watched the turtles, and the fish. There is also a sloth there always in the same spot in this tree, curled up and sleeping. However today when we were in front of the tree, she woke up! Stretched in a very sloth like manner, smiled at us, relaxed and went back to sleep kind of sprawled out on her back. I have never seen a sloth do that. My brother took the photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww!

Are sloths simian? She looks simian, smiling like that.

She's pretty, too. Never thought I'd think of a sloth as "pretty" like that. But then, she's also the cleanest sloth I've ever seen, with the fluffiest fur, too! No wonder she smiled.

Tell W it's a great picture!

C

Laurie said...

I love going to the zoo. I can't wait to take The Magnificent Ava to the Houston Zoo.