Monday, August 13, 2007

Just a bit of weather...

When I got home Friday night at about 2 am I was wondering where is that weather that we were supposed to get.  My friend said that's tomorrow.  A few of my neighbors where up and outside, the weather seemed just fine,
When I was doing an email a bit later I thought I heard some thunder so I unplugged my computer before getting ready for bed.

I was just reading a bit, having sent off my final emails and text messages for the day and getting all comfy when the storm started.  It was very loud, lots of close lightening, deafening thunder, sound of rain and tree branches scrapping the building.  Then the lights flickered a few times, so I got up and started unplugging the tv and assorted video stuff, the microwave, put the lanyard reading light around my neck and checked the flash light by my bed. The lights went out, then on for a few more minutes then off for good.  

I tried to look outside but the rain was coming down so hard I couldn't see beyond the end of my balcony.  It was so hot.  The electricity and the more importantly the AC didn't come back on until 11am. At which point my phone rang and my gardening partner asked to come over to iron a shirt as she still was without power.
the first pic St Anthony Park is MY neighborhood!!!
http://wcco.com/slideshows/local_slideshow_223104336

###

Well, it looks like I will have to postpone the rest of my weather and picture post as we are about to get hammered again.  Need to move glass stuff off balcony for hail. We are in a thunderstorm warning already.  Time to freeze the apartment in case of power outage, unplug stuff,

1 comment:

butterflybutterfly said...

How are you surviving the miserably cold, wet weather this weekend?