Thursday, September 29, 2005

Gorgeous men that I can't have because they're dead...

Well, its that time again, the uncluttering my life time, or at the very least uncluttering my living space, which in a sense is symbolic of my life, I guess... Out with the old, make room for the new...

So of course, since I have such a short attention span, it is also weird movie time!!!

This is how I do it, I get a few weird movies from Hollywood Video, or the library, and make a list of areas-old car, closet annex (the couch), kitchen, bathroom, studio, balcony, hall and bedroom. I set out a time to work on stuff usually 45 mins, with a 15 min break. I do one area for 45 mins and then watch weird movie for 15, then the next area 45 mins, and so on. Yesterday I was doing 30 mins and 10 mins, it varies with the day.

The movies this time are from the library.

First was "the Bride with White Hair" which I had never seen.
Hong Kong fight film with the gorgeous, and unfortunately late, Leslie Cheung, beautifully choreographed battles, fantastic sets, surreal yet amazingly erotic love scenes, the fingers in the mouth one was so cool, you could almost touch it. Honor, death, magic, good guys, bad guys, blood drinking, flying fighting (and love!) scenes, and of course women rule. What more could I want in a weird movie?

Second was "8 women" Huppert, Ardant, Deneuve, Beart, wow!!! Its a murder mystery of sorts. Classic in a cozy way. isolated house, snowstorms, phones down. However, its definitely French, a song and dance musical(!), with great costumes. Its seemed to be a period piece but not all the costumes were from the same period, but it worked. Twists and turns right down to the very end. ALL of the characters were seriously strange. It felt very much like a stage play, I mean I could see it down that way. I still have the theme song going through my head. Afterwards I watched the trailer, on the recommendations of my librarian, and he was right, from the trailer you had no idea that the entire movie, except 1 line is in French!

I didn't get a lot done, but I made a good start. I have Himalaya and then Raising Helen next. The balcony is now closed.

No comments: