Sunday, June 19, 2005

Yikes my tongue is blue!

Why is my tongue blue? Well the day started out strange, strange emails, not pretty storywriting, an assortment of offline ims I wasn't expecting. I went to work, it was dead, worked on sales tax and a red and black bra during my breaks. I don't normal wear black but it is the only color of powernet I have that seems to go with the red I wanted so once I decided on that, I thought might as well accent it with black picot edge elastic. After I closed the store, I worked on it for another hour or so, got everything done but the back clasp and the straps done. Don't know if it will fit but hey it looks interesting.
Maybe I can be like those people who fill their library full of never read leather bound books, except I can fill my lingerie drawer with funky lingerie...

Anyway (or anyways-for Laurie) back to the blue tongue, so I decide to stop on the bra, I am kind of sick and getting rather feverish, so I decide to find myself a place to swim as it was about 85 out. I kind of remember that there are two lakes north of the store with beaches, though one is closed. I look at a map, yes that does occasionally happen! I only have a state map, but it does show the general vicinity of two lakes beginning with the letter J, Johanna and Josephine, so I decide they might be ideal places to swim. The fact that I do not have a swimsuit with me I decide is immaterial, ones doesn't need a swimsuit to swim. I am wearing a long sleeve shirt and light loose trousers that are tight at the ankles, and my current hat of favor, no problem I have swum in worse or less or something. I have even swum in this particular hat.

So I drive north until I find Lake Johanna, the one that is closed. There is a sign clearing saying closed and part of the road is blocked off, the rest of the road is full of parked cars, including a couple police cars. The park is full of people, having picnics and bar-b-ques. So I join the illegal parkers and head down to the beach, take my sandals off and start into the water, at which point a very nice policeman tells me I can't swim because the park is supposed to be closed. A few people come over to listen to him explain that the park really is closed despite the number of people in it, he points out that they all know this too because none of them is the water! I concede it his point and am starting to leave when the listening people invite me to their bar-b-que, since I can't swim ;-)

Now my blue tongue and I are dancing along with a Bollywood music video on PBS, great fun, a mixture of dance styles!!!

I wrote this a while ago and meant to post it, can't remember why my tongue was blue now :(

No comments: