Saturday, June 11, 2005

http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

This morning it smelled like a candles being extinguished in my kitchen while I was unloading the dishwasher. I checked all the kitchen appliances and unplugged a few for good measure. Then I was writing the previous blog entry while being immed like mad by dbird who just got home from college for the summer and has a bit too much time on his hands ;-) anyway, I then smell something burning like wood embers. I open a window, no smoke, check the apartment hallway, nothing. Then one of the light bulbs by my computer starts flickering, its a compact fluorescent, so I shut off the lamp, lift up the shade and its burning!!!!!

Never seen that before, and I wonder if it was because I was reading Laurie's post about being a "funny shit magnet"


Laurie made this comment,
Girl! Thank God you were home!! I have two of those torchiere lamps in my living room and I read somewhere that they tend to catch fire. (Hey, they were cheap.) So, I never leave them on when I leave the house.

No comments: