Wednesday, December 21, 2005

walking barefoot!!!!!

I walked barefoot last night no problem, after 5 years!
My left foot worked just like my right foot, can running and climbing be far behind?

I have no idea what happened, I just put my foot down and it felt different so I tried it and wow!

maybe there is hope for my neck?

Okay, I realize this is no big deal to most people, but it is to me!

Background-About 5 yrs ago I badly broke my leg and tore the muscles in my foot. I have been as my current ortho says "PTed to death." I was in a wheelchair for a few months then on crutches (and night traction :-( ) for several years, followed by using a hiking stick to help push off. This was the 3rd time I have relearned to walk since 1990.

Now I walk perfectly most of the time, but I can't run, not even across a street, or climb, don't have enough dorsi flexion yet... Sometimes I have go down stairs sideways, but its so much better than the "semi controlled fall" of a few years ago.
Until recently could only walk barefoot after warming up for quite a while and it was still limited. I work on my leg every day, and I try to walk barefoot too, usually it doesn't work that well, last night was different.

I am very excited about this!!!!



Laurie made this comment,
Congratulations!!
comment added :: {ts '2005-12-23 10:52:52'} GMT-06

No comments: