Friday, November 30, 2007

So I am finally getting the hang of having weekends

and I made PLANS!

So what happens? We get weather.

To explain:
Until recently for the past 12 yrs I worked at least one day, if not two each weekend. I learned never to plan anything for weekend days. It taken some time to get used to the idea of having totally free weekends, at least for now.

It should be interesting on the highways near me because they made extra lanes for the former 35W traffic out of the shoulders, so there will be no place to push the snow.

I am going to try to do some of my plans tomorrow, calling first to make sure its still happening and keeping an ear/eye to the weather. I hope the ice part of the storm misses us. Since we are in a warning they could shut down the highways so I will try to taken city streets.

I have all wheel drive, ABS, good tires, food, extra clothes and my cell phone.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Good Lord!!! Be careful out there.

butterflybutterfly said...

We decided, somewhere around early afternoon, that we'd forgo the trip up the Nat'l Spaces Domes Open House. It was just snowing too quickly and was just too dense a snowfall for me to feel it would be safe.

Oh, and we ran errands on Saturday, instead of going out of town. I'll email you the list of patterns (big splurge, got 2 $1 Buttericks, and a whopping 4 of the $3.88 Vogues).


Guess not going up north was right, though, since it looks like we've got about 2 weeks of snow buildup out there right now.

Weird thing, though: we went to go to B's poetry reading over in Mpls yesterday - and found the driveway perfectly plowed, right up to the tail end of the van. No idea who did it, just thankful for someone's generosity.