Tuesday, November 6, 2007

One of my favorite Wodehouse quotes

People who enjoyed a merely superficial acquaintance with my nephew Archibald (said Mr. Mulliner) were accustomed to set him down as just an ordinary pinheaded young man. It was only when they came to know him better that they discovered their mistake. Then they realized that his pinheadedness, so far from being ordinary, was exceptional. Even at the Drones Club, where the average of intellect is not high, it was often said of Archibald that, had his brain been constructed of silk, he would have been hard put to it to find sufficient material to make a canary a pair of cami-knickers.- P. G. Wodehouse, "The Reverent Wooing of Archibald"


Makes me laugh every time I think of a canary wearing cami-knickers (tap pants)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Hahahaha! The whole quote is great. Your interest in fashion and fabrics sure shines through in all you read and do, doesn't it?

Adela said...

Hah!

Anonymous said...

Makes me laugh, trying to picture Max having worn cami-knickers at some point (no, he never actually did) - but somehow Casey isn't the sort of guy (bird) who might _wear_ cami-knickers, you see. . . rofl

Okay, just the imagery Wodehouse put forth, combined with trying to imagine them on one or the other of the boys - I just grin.

Maybe I should read Wodehouse. :)

Any recommendations?