Saturday, November 3, 2007

Masquerade Ball

I just got home from the Masquerade Ball.
It was great fun. I wore my Miss Marple costume from Halloween with a mask on a stick. It seemed to go over well even though everyone else seemed to be sci fi something.
I actually made several masks but when they were done I found I couldn't handle wearing them on my face. I also tried painting on my mask with makeup and glitter, but washed that off as well. It seems anything that touches my skin recently causes a rash or something. The mask on a stick seemed like the only reasonable solution.

There were some great costumes. The lighting was a bit too low for my cell camera, but I might be getting some pictures from someone else, if his turned out. I hope he got a picture of the guy who came as the goblin king from Labyrinth, he was amazing and won 2nd place (I think) in the costume contest. One guy had a Yoda back pack,that I really liked. There was con type food, punch and a cash bar. I picked up a bag o' blood for someone.

I watched a bit of a movie with Jack Nickleson, James Spader, and Michelle Pfeiffer in it, about a guy who turns into an animal and kills women in central park. There was a bathroom scene that should have been scary but only made me laugh after viewing this video on male bathroom etiquette that Jack sent.




3 comments:

Mommy said...

I love costume and mask balls. Pics of the Miss Marple costume???

I saw "Wolf" many years ago and liked it O.K., but don't typically like horror or thriller movies at all. (BTW, "Nickleson" should be "Nicholson." :)

Laurie said...

Wolf! One of my favorite movies.
(BTW, Pffiefer should be Pfeiffer.)

Susan in St. Paul said...

Jen-not sure about posting a pic, I somewhat picture shy.

Thanks Jen and Laurie, what I saw of "wolf" seemed quite well done. I don't normally watch thriller or horror movies either, I figure real life is bad enough, at least for me.

Laurie-I corrected the Pfeiffer, thanks. Being dyslexic, I run most posts through a spell checker first, but it doesn't work always on formal names.