Thursday, October 25, 2007

uncertain

A friend just called to tell me about a great garage sale. Amazing clothes, sewing/embroidery notions, books, etc... Normally I would run over and check it out, however when she gave me the location I realize it is Bernadette's house, and its her estate sale.

I am not sure I can go over there. She had great things so I know I would like it.  I don't have any of her work and I would like to have something of hers to remember her by.  I haven't been by the house or seen her family since she died.

I suppose I should head over, I can just drive by if its too much.  I called another friend of ours and maybe we can go together...  I hate this!  but most of all I hate that she is dead.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

You should definitely go! I think you would find great peace in being amongst her things. You will never forgive yourself if you pass up the opportunity to have some of her work close to you.

It might be hard but it will be more than worth the pain. There's nothing wrong with feeling sad. Accept the emotion and work through it to the other side where your love for her is still brightly shining.

Anonymous said...

Like I said yesterday, we tried, we stopped near the mailbox next door to park - but never turned off the van because I just . . . couldn't make myself do it. It just hurt.

Amazing, really, since I was only beginning to know her. Now, the more I learn of her, the more I know how much we had in common, too.

Still in shock. No wonder her husband is in a daze.

:|

C

Adela said...

Did you go?