Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Back in St. Paul

where its 27 degrees fahrenheit and snowing. Windchill about 12 and I didn't have a coat, mittens or a hat with me. Luckily my ride home had a warm car and a coat I could use.

It took me a LONG time to get back, first Houston to Atlanta was running late due to weather, then I had a long lovely layover in Atlanta with an extra hour thrown in due to weather. Then we went a slightly longer route to avoid weather, but still ended up with some exciting turberlance of the roller coaster variety.

Do you know that there was literally no lunch type food I could get at the Atlanta that didn't have major milk or wheat in it? Good thing I still had some cashews and some cadbury mini eggs that a very swell man gave me before I left.

Things I liked about my trip


Jack
Laurie
the hell hole
the washing machine which I got to witness dumping water on the floor
the weather
the warmth
the moisture
the rain
everything so green
the plants
the weird way houses sit off the ground on stones or bricks or something
the sock
Baby complete with an early am disappearing act (luckily no dog catchers were involved.)
sightseeing with Laurie
stuff with Jack
Due South
cds
Pickle
the very funny mystery I got to read over the two days I was at UH
the food-Luby's, Spindletop, Tokyo, Chaba (thanks Laurie!), Chez Jacque's, Pickle's UH dorm
the peace
relaxing
chocolate
lots of cadbury mini eggs
walking with John
turtles, lizards, strange aquatic birds, big ass aligator
seeing all the stuff I have heard about over the years
feeling comfortable and safe

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! I'll be posting the pictures you sent soon. (The Thai restaurant is called Chaba.)

Susan in St. Paul said...

Thanks Laurie! I made the correction. I will be sending more pictures hopefully tomorrow.

It was a fun trip! I would have been happy just to hang out with the Sock and watch Dvds but I got to do so much more!!!