Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Marathon!

I decided to start training for a walking marathon, although I may only go to 1/2 marathon stage, it will depend on what happens employment wise.

Prevention magazine has a calendar for it here.
I set it up as my Firefox home page so everyday I will see what I am supposed to do that day.
It seems best to start on a Monday.

I am starting slow like a beginner even though I walk quite a bit. For my cross training I am doing my Pilates reformer and belly dance. I think I will only take one day for rest and the other one for cross training.

If anyone wants to join me, let me know and I can set something up. Just knowing other people are doing it too would be nice, even if its not public.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. I visited the website.

And I see that they say to start the "workout" with a three minute warm up.

A warm up for walking?

I though walking was a warm up for real exercise.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Don't you be messing with me, anonymous silly man!

You know walking is good for you.

Buck up and join me, why don't you?

No guts, no glory!

Laurie said...

Good luck! I can't stick with anything...except margaritas.

TBM said...

Good luck with your training! I like the online calendar idea.