Tuesday, September 4, 2007

10702 steps

The second most I have walked since the challenge ended.  I was at the state fair and walked home.  It was in the high 80's today and dripping, my eyes stung from the sweat rolling into them, I thought of Beaumont, I looked for lizards, but there were only the lounge variety.
I picked up a second sapling, got some fresh cotton candy on the cone, tasted nitro ice cream, had a pickle on a stick * looked at the 4h textiles exhibit. I ended up with quite a few canvas bags.  It was the last night and they wanted to get rid of them.

I heard Starship, the 3rd incarnation.  It went Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Starship. The lead singer was the "I fooled around and fell in love" guy.
http://www.mickeythomas.com/
They were quite good.  At one point they did a tribute medley to the previous incarnations which was okay, but miracles they didn't sing the sexual parts, hmmm
I sent a song.  I watched the last set fire works.

My feet hurt and I need a shower.

* everything at the state fair tries to be on a stick.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Lots of Beaumont references in this post. I'm glad you miss us. My walking challenge prize is at the post office. I'm going to pick it up today at lunch time.