Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring

Its that strange time of year here in Minnesota. The week between winter and summer when you can sleep with your windows open without freezing or overheating. A time to reacquaint yourself with seasonal allergies and the sounds of your neighborhood at night. Since I am trying a new light/sleep experiment I have been sleeping with a fan in the window which lets some light in. I also have a room Vornado which I use in the summer to move the ac around. Both fans have thermostats so I am used to hearing them changing speeds while I sleep.

This morning I awoke to what I thought were sounds of WWII aircraft, but I dismissed it and took a shower. Was putting my sunscreen on and heard more sounds of low flying old aircraft. Normally this weekend I expect to hear steam engines as they move them north for the summer excursions not low flying old planes. I looked out from my balcony and I swear I saw a B25 go by.

I was still mulling this over and making breakfast when a friend called to asked if I wanted to meet up as they would be in my neighborhood on the way back from the MN Sesquicentennial Weekend flyover of 26 vintage airplanes at the state capital! I might wander down there tomorrow evening to catch the music and fireworks. Of course, we have fireworks almost all summer long here, but that is another blog post...

3 comments:

TBM said...

Funny, there was a HUGE old aircraft flying over our house in England this weekend too. It was towing a much smaller plane (glider?).

Are you trying Everyman Sleep?

Anonymous said...

Ah, that explains what I heard before we drove off on the Dome Home Tour Saturday! I thought they sounded old, and rather a bit too low. Not that we'd be able to see, since there are so many trees blocking the view around the house.

Oh, and nimwit is moving out today - not just putting his house up for sale - and the moving van is in their driveway. Hmph - she's pregnant again, the fourth time. Wonder if it'll get him a fourth girl? *snort* Bet he hates that, and wanted only sons to follow him. . . . ;)

Susan in St. Paul said...

Nope, not trying everyman sleep. I am not good with nap. I am trying to reset my body clock various ways. I don't want less sleep I want best sleep and more of it. I have been told that if we didn't have electricity sleep clocks would just track the sun. I would think that would depend on where on earth you are and the time of year.