Saturday, June 9, 2007

Everything tastes better with Hollandaise sauce

I had a friend who used to say "Every thing's better with beer" well...

A few days ago I had an artichoke and instead of making a lemon butter sauce I made some Hollandaise sauce.
It tasted great but I still had almost a cup of sauce left. The next morning I made an omelet with the left over egg whites and put some sauce on it. Then at dinner over Mahi Mahi. It wasn't bad over chicken, salmon, steamed baby bok choy, and a little bit on not very sweet strawberries made them sweeter.
I am starting to consider all sorts of uses for it... Can you imagine how much slippery the food scene in 9 1/2 weeks would be if they had used Hollandaise sauce as well?

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Hahahah! Kim Bassinger Benedict! I think that says it all.

Mommy said...

Yes, but think of the cholesterol. I read somewhere that Minnesota was supposedly one of the healthiest states in the union. Tsk tsk. Hahaha. Just kidding. I'm sure it was delicious. IMO, ranch dressing makes everything taste better. Especially pizza.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Jen-3 eggs yokes and 1/2 cup of butter, LOL!!!

I guess we tend to be a fairly physically active state, and we deal with extremes in weather.

I wish I could try ranch dressing on pizza, it sounds good. I miss pizza SO much, that and chocolate eclairs ;-)

Laurie-back in my screen writing days I really liked Zalman King's stuff, maybe because he uses so many women as writers. It could have been the music, he used to have some good jazz. Did you know that Joey guy from Friends was in one of the Red Shoe Dairies? Not a bad one either from what I can remember.

Adela said...

It's the simplest things in life that make it worth living. Hollandaise is definitely one of those things! I love it on asparagus, and with steak.

Unknown said...

You're wrong about hollandaise, beer and ranch dressing. The magic key is T-E-R-I-Y-A-K-I! EVERYTHING is better with teriyaki on it! (Friends have said that I would eat dog turds if they were covered in teriyaki and sprinkled with toasted sesame!)