Saturday, May 12, 2007

Places

Bold the places you've been and italicize the places you long to see. At the end, add one place you've been and one place you'd like to go. Grabbed from lesliepear.

(This list is a bit heavy on amusement parks. )

1. Times Square, New York City, NY: 35 million visitors every year 1
2. National Mall & Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C. (Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, the war memorials): About 25 million
3. Disney World's Magic Kingdom, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.: 16.6 million
4. Trafalgar Square, London, England: 15 million
5. Disneyland Park, Anaheim, Calif.: 14.7 million
6. Niagara Falls, Ontario and New York: 14 million
7. Fisherman's Wharf/Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco, Calif.: 13 million
8. Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea, Tokyo, Japan: 12.9 million
9. Notre Dame de Paris, Paris, France: 12 million 10. Disneyland Paris, Marne-La-Vallee, France: 10.6 million
11. The Great Wall of China, Badaling area, China: About 10 million
12. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Tennessee/North Carolina: 9.2 million
13. Universal Studios Japan, Osaka, Japan: 8.5 million
14. Basilique du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre, Paris, France: 8 million
15. Musée du Louvre, Paris, France: 7.5 million
16. Everland (amusement park), Kyonggi-Do, South Korea: 7.5 million
17. The Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square, Beijing, China: At least 7 million
18. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France: 6.7 million
19. Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando, Fla: 6 million 20. SeaWorld Florida, Orlando, Fla: 5,740,000
21. Pleasure Beach (amusement park), Blackpool, England: 5.7 million
22. Lotte World (amusement park), Seoul, South Korea: 5.5 million
23. Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Japan: 5.4 million
24. Hong Kong Disneyland, China: 5.2 million
25. Centre Pompidou, Paris, France: 5.1 million
26. Tate Modern, London, England: 4.9 million
27. British Museum, London, England: 4.8 million

28. Universal Studios Los Angeles, Calif.: 4.7 million
29. National Gallery, London, England: 4.6 million
30. Metropolitan Museum, New York, NY: 4.5 million1
31. Grand Canyon, Ariz.: 4.4 million
32. Tivoli Gardens (amusement park), Copenhagen, Denmark: 4.4 million
33. Ocean Park (amusement park), Hong Kong, China: 4.38 million
34. Busch Gardens (amusement park), Tampa Bay, Fla.: 4.36 million
35. SeaWorld California, San Diego, Calif.: 4.26 million
36. Statue of Liberty, New York, NY: 4.24 million1
37. The Vatican and its museums, Rome, Italy: 4.2 million
38. Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia: More than 4 million
39. The Coliseum, Rome, Italy: 4 million
40. American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY: 4 million1
41. Grauman's Chinese Theater, Hollywood, Calif.: 4 million
42. Empire State Building, New York, NY: 4 million1
43. Natural History Museum, London, England: 3.7 million
44. The London Eye, London, England: 3.5 million
45. Palace of Versailles, France: 3.45 million
46. Yosemite National Park, Calif.: 3.44 million
47. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt: 3 million
48. Pompeii, Italy: 2.5 million
49. Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia: 2.5 million
50. Taj Mahal, Agra, India: 2.4 million
51. Angel Falls, Venezuela
52. Pyramid Kukulcan in Chichen Itza, Yucatan Mexico
53. Temple of the Descending God in Tulum, Quintana Roo Mexico
54. Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
55. Star Trek: The Experience, Las Vegas, NV
56. Space Needle Seattle, WA2
57. Machu Pichu, Peru
58. Amber Palace in Jaipur, India

59. The Smithsonian in Washington DC3
60. The Berlin Wall, Berlin, Germany4
61. Stonehenge, England

62. Auschwitz Concentration Camp, Poland
63. Cape Cod, MA
64. Vienna, Austria
65. Experience Music Project Seattle, WA2
66. New England Aquarium Boston MA

67. The Bronx Zoo1
68. The Old City in Quebec, Canada
69. Key West, Florida
70. Antarctica
71 Edinburgh Festival and Fringe
72 Kathmandu, Nepal

6 comments:

Adela said...

What, you added an Edinburgh festival rather than Cattail Marsh? ;-)

Susan in St. Paul said...

not "an" Edinburgh festival, "THE" Edinburgh Festival (which is actually more than one, but referred to as "the") Some links the official festival:
http://www.eif.co.uk/
the Fringe:
http://www.edfringe.com/
Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Festival
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Fringe

Cattail Marsh is very nice, but its main attraction for me is who I was with there.

Ps I still have some mud on my shoes from there! Not even the snow removed it.

Mommy said...

I would have just thought it was "a[n]" festival and not "THE" festival, too. Perhaps you should edit and clarify...

With all my years living in SE Texas, I never visted Cattail Marsh. I guess I'm just not that outdoorsy. And no matter how idealized a man (or any man, for that matter) might be in my head, it would not be enough for me to leave icky mud on my boots as a memento. ;)

Laurie said...

I don't know, Jen. Check out that good looking tooshy up there in the banner. I'd put that guy's mud under my pillow any day.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Jen- It is a world famous arts festival. If you google "the Edinburgh festival" you will see pages of references to the it.

I was with both Laurie AND Jack at Cattail Marsh. Most of the mud was actually from my time with Laurie since it had been raining heavily earlier that day. I scraped off what mud I could easily and figured I would let the rest wear off, as they are outdoor shoes anyway. I have never experienced mud quite that sticky before and I have walked in a lot of mud over the years.

I choose that picture because it its nice, fit in with the colors I already had on my blog page, I like water and it was part of a nice relaxing day. If the turtle pictures had turned out I might have chosen one of those. The turtles were pretty cool.

You really should visit the gardens and the marsh, I would pick a day when it had been fairly dry so you can avoid the mud.

As far as idealizing... the only thing I idealize is world peace and even that is hard to do some days.

Laurie- I think its a nice picture of both the water and Jack. It was taken right before the infamous alligator.

Mommy said...

World famous, perhaps, but not famous enough for me to know about it... not that that says anything. :)

So that is Jack up there in the blog header, eh? Hahaha. Neat. He never struck me as the kind of person who likes the outdoors, but then again, he does ride a motorcycle, so he must enjoy the wind in his hair.

I wasn't inferring that you purposely left the mud on there. When I put a "winky" face at the end of a sentence, it usually just means I'm teasing. ;)