Tuesday, June 6, 2006

3 things you might not know about me

Tuesday, 6 June 2006

1) I think I have a washcloth fetish, I just did laundry, and am currently folding 40 washcloths and just a few hand towels ;-). I have two types: nice ones for showers and cheap ones (12 pack bundles) for whatever. I also have some other whatever cloths: large white cotton dishcloths that double as table cloths, chair covers, full body aprons for children, lettuce washers, montor, headbands when cleaning, tv screen covers and of course, as dish towels. The other whatever cloths are little round terry and flannel things that my friend K. makes from the remains of the cancer caps and respirator bibs from her charity works. These are stacked in the kitchen and are meant to replace paper towels and they work quite well. Any visitors to my place can always be assured of a clean washcloth, or 2, 5, 10...

2) In the past, I have had a problem collecting tables. For the past decade, I have been great at getting rid of excess tables and not adding anymore but during the past year's stressful times I have collected an additional 3 tables. These are all sewing table, and one of which is for a machine I do not own ;-) Current table/desk collection in my 2 bedroom apartment is 10! a kitchen/dining, a corner desk, 2 finnish desks, 3 sewing machine tables, a card table, and 2 glass/iron balcony tables. I hope I don't go back to collecting unusual chairs again. Luckily, the one I'd really like is beyond my means at the moment so I should be safe.

3) Once I really like a person & let them in, I tend to like them forever. I may go a while without communicating with them, but that doesn't mean I don't like them or am not thinking about them. I don't let many people that close to me, I am very slow to get used to someone and even slower to love, but once I do it seems permanent. You'd have to do something pretty horrible to get thrown out of my life. My relationship with them may change over time, morph into something else but I still have the same basic feelings about them. I seem more interested in the person than the actual perimeters of the relationship, I mean it becomes whatever the person and I choose it to be.



Laurie made this comment,
I've never had a friend who collects tables but now I do. :)
comment added :: {ts '2006-06-08 19:39:45'} GMT-06


Susan made this comment,
Lucky you ;-)!!!! I just realized I forgot the 2 cutting tables, a bookshelf with a writing leaf and a cedar chest that I use as a coffee table sometimes. So its actually 12 or 14 depending on the use of the cedar chest and whether the writing leaf counts. Also I have one of those folding tv tables that I didn't count

No comments: